Like you, we are closely following the challenging situation caused by the corona virus. At this time we still hope to host this year’s SEGES Summit 2020 on 24-25 September 2020.
The SEGES Summit will be held provided that the situation has normalised. Our decisions are of course guided by facts, the government’s recommendations and how the situation develops.
The summit will include detailed presentations on the latest research relating to piglet health and nutrition including sow feeding strategies, immunisation, sow and litter management and pen optimisation.
If you are doing research into a subject related to the topics of the conference, your findings would provide a welcome contribution to this conference. If your submission is successful, you will have the opportunity to share your work with global industry experts.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1 May 2020.
Decisions on oral or poster presentation will be made no later that 1 June 2020.
We welcome abstracts that cover research and well-documented practical experience from the field.
Abstracts should include one of the following six topics:
- Pre-farrowing feeding strategies for improved survival and piglet viability
- Approaches and mechanisms defining efficiency of nitrogen and amino acid utilization for lactation in sows (Feeding the lactating sow for high milk production)
- Piglet immunisation against diseases – colostrum, vaccines, immunogenic substances
- Supplementary feeding strategies to nursing piglets to have a successful weaning
- Managing the hyper prolific sow and its litter – the applied approach
- Optimizing the farrowing pen for sow and piglets
- All abstracts must be in English
- Abstracts must be submitted as a Word document and should not exceed one A4 page (Font: Ariel, Pit :11, Line Spacing 1)
- Title, authors and affiliation will be given at the top of the abstract
- The abstract itself should be written under the following headings:
- Background and objectives
- Material and methods
- Conclusion and discussion
- The abstract can include tables and figures
- Select one of the six topics at submission
- Please indicate your preferred method of presentation (oral or poster)