Unfortunately, we have now been forced to conclude that it will not be possible to host the event in 2020 due to the COVID-19 situation. We have therefore decided to reschedule the Summit to 23-24 September, 2021.
If you have submitted an abstract, we would be very happy to move this abstract forward to 2021.
Should you prefer to withdraw your abstract, please contact Annemette Christensen, email@example.com, no later than 6 May, 2020.
If you wish to submit a new abstract, the deadline is 1 April 2021.
The summit will include detailed presentations on the latest research relating to piglet health and nutrition including sow feeding strategies, immunisation, sow and litter management and pen optimisation.
If you are doing research into a subject related to the topics of the conference, your findings would provide a welcome contribution to this conference. If your submission is successful, you will have the opportunity to share your work with global industry experts.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1 April 2021.
Decisions on oral or poster presentation will be made no later that 1 June 2021.
We welcome abstracts that cover research and well-documented practical experience from the field.
Abstracts should include one of the following six topics:
- Pre-farrowing feeding strategies for improved survival and piglet viability
- Approaches and mechanisms defining efficiency of nitrogen and amino acid utilization for lactation in sows (Feeding the lactating sow for high milk production)
- Piglet immunisation against diseases – colostrum, vaccines, immunogenic substances
- Supplementary feeding strategies to nursing piglets to have a successful weaning
- Managing the hyper prolific sow and its litter – the applied approach
- Optimizing the farrowing pen for sow and piglets
- All abstracts must be in English
- Abstracts must be submitted as a Word document and should not exceed one A4 page (Font: Ariel, Pit :11, Line Spacing 1)
- Title, authors and affiliation will be given at the top of the abstract
- The abstract itself should be written under the following headings:
- Background and objectives
- Material and methods
- Conclusion and discussion
- The abstract can include tables and figures
- Select one of the six topics at submission
- Please indicate your preferred method of presentation (oral or poster)