AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at CBS
Center for Financial Frictions (FRIC) and the Department of Finance at Copenhagen Business School are proud to host the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at CBS.
On May 30, 2016 you will have the unique opportunity to see the world’s most promising finance PhD graduates in 2016 present their research at CBS. These PhD graduates have been selected to win the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award and CBS has the honor of hosting a day of exciting research seminars.
At the event, you will be hearing talks about a range of exciting topics such as the effects of “revolving doors” on Wall St., for instance, when the rating agents and regulators change jobs to work for the very banks that they evaluate. Or “misallocations” of government contracts, for instance when a president appoints members of his network as CEOs of public firms and these CEOs then give government contracts to more expensive private firms from their own network. See more in the program on this website.
- Asaf Bernstein, PhD from MIT Sloan School of Management
- Arpit Gupta, PhD from Columbia Business School
- Elisabeth Kempf, PhD from Tilburg University
- Song Ma, PhD from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
- David Schoenherr, PhD from London Business School
- Michael Schwert, PhD from Stanford Graduate School of Business
Register now if you want to make sure to have a place at this exciting event and see the winners present their research right here in Copenhagen, sign up for free here.
Award Selection Committee:
- Nicholas Barberis, Yale University, School of Management
- Patrick Bolton, Columbia University
- Darrell Duffie, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business
- Ralph Koijen, London Business School
- Toby Moskowitz, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- Lasse H. Pedersen (Chair), Copenhagen Business School
- Michael R. Roberts, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- David S. Scharfstein, Harvard Business School
- Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, University of California, Berkeley
Please note, the Award Selection Committee conducts an independent search for candidates so candidates cannot apply for this award.
About the event
The AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at CBS recognizes the most promising finance PhD graduates in 2016. Specifically, the award recognizes the graduates specializing in financial economics pursuing degrees in any field of study, e.g. business or economics, whose dissertation and broader research potential carry the greatest promise of making an impact on the finance practice and academia.
Please note your registration is only valid, once you have received an email confirmation from the conference system.
We only have a limited number of seats available for this event, so in the event that you will not be able to come, please cancel your registration as soon as possible by emailing Julie de Molade: firstname.lastname@example.org